When a woman is about to ovulate, her body releases a large amount of a hormone called LH (Luteinising Hormone). LH is always present in your urine but the levels increase (surge) in the middle of your cycle, causing you to release an egg from the ovary. This process is called ovulation. If the LH surge is present, ovulation is likely to occur in the next 12 to 36 hours. Our ovulation tests detect the LH surge by measuring the level of LH in urine. Once ovulation has taken place the level of Progesterone increases and this causes the basal body temperature to rise.
1. Do not use first morning urine samples as LH is synthesized in your body early in the morning. It will not show up in your urine until later in the day.
2.The best time to collect your urine is between 10am – 8pm. Pick a regular time that suits you best.
3.Collect urine at about the same time each day. Reduce liquid intake about 2 hours before collecting your urine as a diluted urine sample can prevent the test from detecting LH surge.
4.Determine the day to begin testing.
5.Collect urine sample in a clean and dry container.
6.To begin testing, open the sealed pouch and remove the strip.
7.With the arrows pointing downwards towards the urine, place the test strip vertically (straight) into the urine sample, for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT allow the urine to go above the MAX (maximum) level line.
8.Remove the strip from the urine and place on a clean, dry surface. For best results you should read the results at 10 minutes.
9.Wait for coloured bands to appear. Depending on the concentration of LH in the urine specimen, positive results may be observed in as short as 40 seconds.
- These One Step® tests are the more convenient, wider (3.5mm) strip tests. They are much wider than most other of these tests sold on Amazon.
- Simple, Reliable and 99.9% Accurate, CE Approved, FDA Cleared for worldwide sale
- Number 1 seller in Europe – Test foils are in 5 different languages – English, French, German, Italian & Spanish
- All tests are individually foil wrapped and sealed with long expiry dates
- One Step® Ultra Early Ovulation Tests at 20 mIU/mL – more sensitive to ensure you don’t miss the LH surge