Generic Name: Bupropion
Brand Name: Zyban
Zyban should be used according to quitting cigarette smoking guidelines. Prescribers should evaluate the individual’s inspiration to stop. Smoking cessation treatments are more likely to succeed in those patients whom are inspired to stop and have inspirational support. Zyban pills should be ingested whole. The pills should not be cut, mashed or chewed as this may cause to an improved chance of negative results such as convulsions. You can take this medicine with or without food. Keep Continuity for this medication for 7 to 9 weeks.
Zyban tablet form :
Each violet, circular, biconvex, film-coated, sustained-release product, printed “ZYBAN 150”, contains bupropion HCl 150 mg.
Zyban prescribed amount :* Standard
Adult Dose of Zyban for Smoking termination:
First Dose : each day 150 mg orally
Preservation : given 150 mg twice a day means 300 mg/day, but it is base on clinical response. This medication starts after the 3 days of therapy.
* Standard Pediatric prescribed amount for Smoking termination:
It is applied on 14 years of age or older and also greater than 40.5 Kg
Hydrochloride salt: Take for 7 weeks 150 mg twice in each day with termination therapy
Side effect of other medicines on Zyban :
Most of medicines can act together with Zyban. Tell your doctor about all medicines which one is start or stop to taking. Blow listed some list of medication
* Blood clots prevention medicaiton, such as clopidogrel, ticlopidine, tirofiban;
* Medicines which is user for heart or blood pressure like atenolol, flecainide, metoprolol, propafenone, propranolol, and others;
* Medicine related to HIV or AIDS like as efavirenz or ritonavir
* Medicines which you take for seizure like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin.
If you take some selected medicine with Zyban then there are chances for higher risk of seizures. Take adviser if you use following types of medicines.
* If you take antidepressant or any other medicines to cure psychiatric disorder
* Antibiotic medicines like amoxicillin, cefdinir, cephalexin, ciprofloxacin, penicillin, and others
* Antihistamines for drowsy
* Asthma medicine or bronchodilators
* Hormone interchange estrogens or birth control pill
* Medicines to treat Parkinson’s disease, restless leg disease, or pituitary gland tumor
* medicine used to avoid organ transplant denial;
* ulcer or short-tempered bowel medication
* tranquilizer throbbing medication
When to stop this medicine?
* Are sensitive to bupropion or to any of the components of this medication
* For past week or recently you taking an antipsychotic medication (thioridazine)
* If you taking other medicines which contain active element as Bupropion like Wellbutrin XL, or Wellbutrin SR.
* Have Seizure disorder
* are having surprising disadvantage issues from alcohol, diazepam (e.g., diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam), or other sedative medication (e.g., phenobarbital)
* if you have intake disorder (bulimia or anorexia nervosa)
* within 2 week if you taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor
Get Other amazing offers here:
Cuisinart Bread Maker 2lbs CBK-200
Free adipex pills