Detoxification from benzodiazepine and even anti-anxiety benzo drugs like Xanax, Paxil, Ativan, Valium in addition to other benzodiazepines at an integrative medical benzodiazepine detox facility is strongly recommended for people having problems withdrawing under health professionals’ supervision. Detoxification from benzodiazepines is smoothly and safely done in a matter of several weeks if an integrative dietary plan and medication regime is used in detoxifying.
But be cautious; benzo detoxification can take years when an incorrect detox process is used in place of a correct detox technique and procedure. Traditional medicine is actually ignorant of the newest integrated medical approaches to benzo detox. Benzodiazepine detoxification difficulties are managed rapidly at integrative drug treatment centers.
Withdrawal indicators commonly managed at integrative medical clinics include the following:
* Anxiety (panic episodes), dyspnea (difficulty breathing) and tachycardia (rapid heart rate)
* Insomnia, sleeping disorders
* Apparent bipolar manifestations
* Stomach cramps (“nervous stomach”)
* Anorexia (not able to eat)
* Amplified social phobia’s (social anxiety disorder) caused by years of using benzodiazepines
* Despair and even breakdowns throughout withdrawal
* Fear or despair
* Skin irritation and itching (pruritus)
A Look At Benzodiazepine Detox
1. Medical detox clinics are not all alike.
Common medical detox centers, even those clinics associated with drug treatment facilities for the wealthy, don’t have the experience or knowledge in detoxing patients who are struggling to come off of benzodiazpines. If problems come up, the benzo is merely switched to an alternative drug, hoping that the individual will become much healthier at another time.
2. Specialized benzodiazepine detoxification facilities exist.
Benzo detoxifying clinics that have a specialized protocol and expertise in benzo detoxification exist throughout the country and in very limited and small numbers.
There are certain situations were professional help is necessary. The following are several instances demonstrating the significance of specialized help.
* Reducing or withdrawing benzo amounts worsens the condition to an almost paralyzing level
* Anxious or nervous conditions are increased and is compounded by using benzo drugs.
* Brain ‘zaps’ frighten clients into going back to benzodiazepines and validates their dependency
3. Many medical detoxification centers do not know how to smoothly and correctly cleanse clients from benzodiazepines.
Recognizing the research behind benzodiazepine activity, longer term effects and damages are still being uncovered. Truthful medical science is generally 50 years in front of medical practice. What this means is that we have to wait approximately 45 years until comfortable and efficient detox techniques are well understood and practiced by the average medical detox clinics.
If you do not want to wait around for 45 years, it’s recommended to explore integrative medical detox and drug treatment programs. There are several these clinics around the country with each offering very different accreditation and amenities.