The heart is the second most important organ in the body after the brain. It constantly pumps blood to the other parts of the body for the bodily functions. The number of people developing heart failure is increasing in steady numbers. Heart failure is one of the leading causes of death in the world today.
Heart failure does not mean complete failure of the heart. It is a serious condition in which the heart does not pump blood around the body efficiently. Some of the disorders that fall in the category of heart failure are:
* Left side heart failure- in this condition low amounts of blood are pumped out of the heart. If treatment is not given on time then the patient’s entire heart could fail, causing death.
* Right side heart failure- when the heart is unable to fill with blood and pump blood to the lungs the person is said to have right side heart failure. Patients with left side heart failure eventually develop right side heart failure. Some of the symptoms of RSHF are shortness of breath, fluid buildup in the feet, legs, abdomen, veins in the neck, and fatigue.
* Dropsy- it is the swelling of soft tissue in the body. If it not treated in the initial stages it develops into heart disease.
The heart supplies oxygenated blood to the entire body. While it is pumping blood to the body it is simultaneously circulating blood within itself too. The heart can grow weak with time; this is the primary reason for heart failure.
There are no specific cures for heart diseases. However, if it diagnosed in the early stages and the patient is able to get the right heart failure treatment services, then the chances for survival are much higher.
The lifestyle of a person plays a very important role in preventing heart diseases. There are some preventive measures that you can take to avoid any serious damage. Some of the preventive measures that can be taken are:
* Follow a healthy eating plan- the food you eat supplies your body with all the proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins that are necessary for the body. However, the excess intake of certain foods like salt and fatty foods can harm the body. Some amounts of cholesterol are very important for the body; but, high levels of cholesterol can cause very serious heart diseases. It causes the heart vessels to thicken, and eventually get blocked. Avoid foods that have high levels of cholesterol in them. Instead opt for foods that are nutritious and healthy. Incorporate lots of green vegetables and fruits and in your diet.
* Adopt healthy habits- people who are overweight and obese are most likely at the risk of having a heart attack. Maintain a healthy weight. Increase your amount of water intake to flush out the harmful toxics that are present in the body. Doctors recommend at least 5-6 liters of water per day. Avoid unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking, and other such addictions. Ensure that you get proper amounts of sleep.
By following these few simple steps you could reduce your chances of having a heart attack.
For the best heart failure treatment services in Singapore you can contact Dr. Lim Ing Haan, a renowned cardiologist in Singapore.